Saturday, April 19, 2008

They asked for an ENCORE..what more could I say?


SO.. as you know.. relationships are my most perplexing muse. We have the best "thin line/love-hate" awe inspiring thing, where words dance in my head until I am forced to sit them down and put them into some type of order that relates to current events in the reality of dia dia.

Well here is a throwback to a happy memory. Original copy written poety from my cerebellum, circa 2007...august..

**leave ur comments below**


The Key

The key is not shiny
not new and clean, its jagged tainted and worn.
For years it was kept in a secret place,
never longed for another home.
Ive hoped for someone to take it,
but didnt trust enough to let go.
This key is heavy and dark;
the metal is so rusty and cold.

It occurred late on a Thursday
by happenstance he crossed my path
but--

not quite like I'd prayed for.


I stared into his eyes that night,
I was peeking at his soul.
Never thought he would be the one
for whom my heart bells toll.
As I watched him sleep for a moment
I knew this wasnt lust-
there had to be a plan in store.

Not one made by people, we could not have
constructed this, in between the lines.
He held me in his arms as he slept that night,
but I chose to silently gaze.
I thanked God in quiet reflection,
as I softly moved my fingers across his face.
Like braille I wanted to know him
to remember each touch after he had gone.

Soft tears fall down my cheek as I write this,
because its so much more than a poem.
He took the tattered key that night,
never uttering a word.
He cleaned all the stains off,
with care he washed them away.

I Imagine his his surprise to see it
shiny, clean and bright.
I imagine it would "bling, bling"
when held up in daylight.
But he didnt put it on a necklace,
he didnt show it to a crowd.
He quietly kept it in his secret place,
never spoke of it aloud.

The key is very special to me,
it unlocks the door to my heart.
He took the key from me that night,
and I pray they never ever part.



-A Lundy 08.

2007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved that poem :-) i got all the imagery!

dia Dia said...

thanks gab. =)

Unknown said...

AWOL in the house...why did they ever kick us out...?? We never figured that out!!

But...I loved that joint...I read it all the way down. The key image was cool...I could feel that...really...but I wonder is it a good thing that he never spoke of it out loud...LOL...hmmm...makes you think right...And also funny that Gabby happened to comment on the same poem that I liked too...I wish she would get out my head.LOL

I love you girl..."Good Job Sista"...Keep writing.


espY*

The one and only_ said...

Simply awesome...